Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Storm Damage

OK most of you know the storm of 09' hit with a vengeance and we are all feeling it. Thanks to Uncle Larry I got photos of my damage. We lost half of our big tree out front of our house.



We stayed at Nanny's House on Monday Night but we got the heck out of dodge on Tuesday. We lost power from Tuesday til Saturday. We took off to St. Louis to stay with Lauren's Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jeff's House. We stayed until Monday morning and we had a blast. Jeff cooked the best steaks and we watched the Super Bowl. Jeff and I even went to the St. Louis Blues Hockey game. It was kick butt! We had box seats with all the free food we wanted! Hot Dogs, Brats, Popcorn, Chicken, Caesar Salads, and Ice Cream not to mention free beer and Soft drinks. Jeff and I had the best time and I lost my voice.
When we came home our tree was cut up and stacked on a pile. Lauren's dad got a little bored without electricity and chopped it up. Now the decision: Do I cut the tree down that is leaning towards my house or do I leave it and hope that it doesn't fall on the house?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you all stayed warm - if Lauren's dad is still bored - send him our way!! We have PLENTY of work left to do. . . :)
Sarah

Ladybird said...

Nominated you for a fun award! Go check out my blog!

Heather said...

Glad you both were warm. AND don't you love having box seats? Wouldn't want it any other way lol.